Thanks, Bruno.  Feedback from you is quite valuable.
I vaguely recall mentioning somewhere online that I am attempting to give a
contributed talk at this conference: <>

I mainly need something to get my foot in the door.  Now since April 30th is
my deadline, I'd rather simply drop conjecture 1 than investigate it between
now and the deadline.

So, if I remove conjecture 1 and all mentions of the CRH....would that help
improve this abstract's "acceptability" in your opinion as far as that
conference is concerned?

Here is a version with conjecture 1 gone, to be investigated later.