1Z wrote:
> It doesn't have to explain it on the basis of apriori axioms. Standard
> cosmology accepts
> that many features fo the universe stem from contingent, essentially
> unaccountable boundary conditions.

Well, actually these strangely "contingent" conditions are what leads to
discussions of the "everything" sort - here, we want to explain these
contingents also (or say why they are not explainable).

Also, in standard cosmology you have the problem of duplicate "yous" in
remote parts of the infinite universe. Again, you have the indetermincy
problem - here maybe even without turing emulable minds.

It depends if you believe in duplication or unity of conscious experience.

Günther Greindl
Department of Philosophy of Science
University of Vienna

Blog: http://www.complexitystudies.org/