2008/8/15 Brent Meeker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> But suppose we can create an AI, but we can't produce copies that don't
> diverge immediately; perhaps a consequence of the quantum no-cloning
> theorem.  I realize that's probably not the case since it would require
> that computation of the complexity to produce consciousness must include
> so essentially quantum aspect.    But would that imply "1st person
> indeterminacy" or not?
>
> Brent Meeker

If mind is a computation, we can copy it. Computation is numbers to
numbers in finite "time" and deterministic rules. I've put "time" in
quotes because time can be a rule and not something inherent to
computation.

Computation can only diverges if the computation is not the same
and/or input is not the same. Computation is a deterministic thing not
something you could play with.

Regards,
Quentin Anciaux