2008/8/15 1Z <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> The possibility that someone might be duplicated at some indeterminate
> point in the future leads to no indeminacy affecting me now.

The indeterminacy works the same way across time as across space. If I
know that there are two copies of my mind being implemented on two
adjacent computers, I can't know whether I am being implemented on one
or the other. If I know that my mind is being implemented on two
consecutive runs on the same computer, I can't know if whether I am
being implemented on the first run or the second. For if I could
distinguish between them, there would have to be some difference in
the mental content generated by the different runs, which would
inconsistent with the assumption that they are duplicates.

--
Stathis Papaioannou