1Z wrote:

> On 15 Aug, 20:12, "John Mikes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> As for 1Z's axioms:
>> In my vocabulary axioms are artifacts invented to make our theories
>> workable. If 1 + 1 is NOT 2,
>
> How would that turn out the case?
>
>> you can say goodby to math.

We define arithmetic so 1+1=2, but that's a particular model for dealing with
distinguishable, discrete things.  It doesn't apply to everything, e.g. (1
member of the U.S. 400m relay team) + (1 member of the U.S. 100m sprint team) =
(1 member of the U.S. Olympic team).  And given quantum entanglement and
indistinquishability of particles it may only apply *approximately* to things
like apples and oranges.  So if 1+1=/=2 it just means you tried to apply a
model
where it doesn't work.

Brent Meeker