On 18 Aug 2008, at 03:45, Brent Meeker wrote:

> Sorry.  I quite agree with you.  I regard logic and mathematics as our
> inventions - not restrictions on the world, but restrictions we
> place on how we
> think and talk about the world.  We can change them as in para-
> consistent logics.

I think it depends of the domain of inquiry or application.
Para-consistent logic can be interesting for the laws and in natural
language mind processing, but hardly in elementary computer science or
number theory.

Then recall that any universal machine, enough good in the art of
remaining correct during introspection, discovers eventually at least
8 non classical logics (the arithmetical hypostases) most of them
being near "paraconsistency" (by Godel's consistency of inconsistency)
making the most sane machine always very near insanity.
And so easily falling down.