Invent an inorganic 'us'? A faulty, defunct evolutionary mistake? Nah!

... do you remember one of the Alien series of movies...? I've forgotten
which one... maybe the third? Ripley's group had a robot in it - played
by Winona Ryder. She/Ver/It was a survivor of a 'product recall'... of a
new generation of robots that turned out a failure because they 'out
human'ed humans... in the sense that they unconditionally cared, were
intrinsically and consistently moral and altruistic with more respect
for life than us; so much so that they refused to work on things they
thought unsuitable or innappropriate. They were declared useless!

AGI can be like us only much much 'better'.

Such is the likely outcome of real AGI. Forget all the 'terminator'.
This is just pathetic fearmongering... This is why at the moment I am
concentrating merely on artificial fauna. Creatures living but
inorganic, able to take their place, maybe flocking, in an ecosystem
with a specific role... "eat only that weed", "kill only that crop
pest", "collect energy and put it ..there'", "plant and nurture 'these'
trees or 'that' crop" , 'dig for/filter water'..... and so on....at
least until the military get their stupid bollock-brained hands on it
and screw it all up...that is what I want it to be.

But building replica 'us'? I think we'd become the 'old model' pretty
fast. And maybe we deserve it... our foibles, unchecked on earth, traced
to merely tribalism, stupidity, ignorance and greed....will kill us all.
Maybe if we create our own upgrade..and then die out ... the universe
might be a better place....the Earth could certainly use a break. The
AGI would be able to clean Earth up and then leave... they'll be much
better at space travel than us. Humans may or may not ever reach the
stars... but our AGI descendents will. Which is just as well...somebody
out there has to remember us and all the shit we did to ourselves in the
evolutionary mosh-pit.

Colin Hales