Hi Hal

wiki spambots could eventually populate the whole site, including
already created pages where
earlier revisions [original material] might or might not be lost [as
partially happened to one project wiki I was part of].

several spam pages have been created in the everythingwiki

spam prevention entries on wikipedia include http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki
and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spambot