Michael Rosefield wrote:
> I don't know about anyone else, but with the volume of mail we're
> getting lately, I've been skimming things and have started to lose the
> plot completely.
>
> So, perhaps it's time for a fresh start. My idea of where we are is this:
>
> Physical causality is just a 'linkage' between states - it's nothing
> more than a rule for going from one place to another (be it a discrete
> jump or a continuous trajectory), and taking a block view of time it can
> be represented not as a distinction between states and links but just as
> states.

But that's what creates the antinomy when you suppose the sequence of states is
created by a random number generator or replaying a recording.  If there's
nothing to causal linkage except order of states then there's no distinction
between the randomly generated sequence and the causal sequence except the
former is extremely improbable.

Brent