I guess I haven't read those papers, so sorry if I was leading you up
the garden path re GTMs.

It sounds interesting that the universal prior could work for
generalisation of the Turing machine, although I'm not sure what the
implications would be. Anyway, it sounds like you've got a research
programme :)

Cheers