Hi Hal,

To see if your system is a UD, the first thing to do should consist in
writing a program capable of simulating it on a computer, and then to
see for which value of some parameters (on which it is supposed to
dovetail) it simulates a universal Turing machine.
To simulate it on a computer would help you (and us) to interpret the
words that you are using in the description of your system.

Best,

Bruno