Steinhardt is supposed to get his book Infinite Flesh published sometime
soon. His premise is similar to Philosopher, John Leslie, save that Steinhardt
see clones of ourselves being re-born in alternate universes, though the each
incarnation is improved over the previous. Leslie is more linear (as am I)
where  as the deceased continue on, in a pantheistic-spinoza- kind of way, as
part of  an infinite series of divine minds. Steinhardt teaches at Patterson
University  in New Jersey, and Leslie retired from University of Guelph in
Canada,
is now at  the University of Vancouver in British Columbia, Canada. In both
cases, I would  surmise, that both scholars, would agreee that, if the Machines
are  sufficiently, complex; they also can join the humans in the great
whatever. I am  guessing that if a transhumanist tech breakthrough would extend
human existence,  life, enjoyment, they too, would choose to stick around.

Mitch

In a message dated 1/9/2009 3:29:25 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
guenther.grei...@gmail.com writes:

Hello,

> My domain is theology. scientific and thus  agnostic theology.  I
> specialized my self in Machine's theology.  Or Human's theology once
> assuming comp. The UDA shows (or should  show) that physics is a branch
> of theology, so that the AUDA makes  Machine's theology experimentally
> refutable.
>
> Will  machines go to paradise?

Some related  work:

http://www.ericsteinhart.com/abstracts.html

Especially:

Steinhart,  E. (2004) Pantheism and current ontology. Religious Studies
40 (1), 1 -  18.

ABSTRACT: Pantheism claims: (1) there exists an all-inclusive  unity; and
(2) that unity is divine. I review three current and  scientifically
viable ontologies to see how pantheism can be developed in  each. They
are: (1) materialism; (2) platonism; and (3) class-theoretic
pythagoreanism.  I show how each ontology has an all-inclusive  unity.  I
check the degree to which that unity is: eternal; infinite;  complex;
necessary; plentiful; self-representative; holy. I show how each
ontology solves the problem of evil (its theodicy) and provides for
salvation (its soteriology). I conclude that platonism and
pythagoreanism have the most divine all-inclusive unities.  They  support
sophisticated contemporary  pantheisms.

and

Steinhart, E. (2003) Supermachines and  superminds. Minds and Machines 13
(1), 155 - 186.

ABSTRACT:  If the computational theory of mind is right, then minds are
realized by  computers. There is an ordered complexity hierarchy of
computers. Some  finite state machines realize finitely complex minds;
some Turing machines  realize potentially infinitely complex minds. There
are many logically  possible computers whose powers exceed the
Church-Turing limit (e.g.  accelerating Turing machines). Some of these
supermachines realize  superminds. Superminds perform cognitive
supertasks. Their thoughts are  formed in infinitary languages. They
perceive and manipulate the infinite  detail of fractal objects. They
have infinitely complex bodies.  Transfinite games anchor their social
relations.

Especially  the first paper (concerning Pythagorenaism) is interesting.

Best  Wishes,
G√ľnther

headlines. (http://news.aol.com?ncid=emlcntusnews00000002)