What is wrong? In my opinion, it is that you are thinking that
anything at all exists "in addition to" or "supervening on" the
gates, or the movie, or the functions.

I think you have a picture in your mind like this: let's say there
are two side-by-side computers, and let's say the one on the left is
running a fully conscious simulation of your experiences at age 10,
and the one on the right is calculating planetary orbits or digits of
pi; and in your picture the one on the left, in addition to the
computations, also has an faint invisible blue glow associated with
it, that is the "consciousness". I think that there is no blue glow -
there is only the computations.

That goes for a physical implementation of a computer, or a stack of
Game of Life counters, or whatever else. Consciousness is not
"something else". Well, I'm getting ahead of myself - what I mean to
say is that there are many philosophical approaches to consciousness,
championed by philosophers such as Dan Dennett, under which nothing
is wrong.

And if you do believe in "something else" or supervenience, why
should it be a priori any more absurd to say consciousness supervenes
on a movie than on a bunch of atoms?

Regards
Pete