On 29 Jan 2009, at 16:29, Günther Greindl wrote:

> Hi Quentin,
>
>> So when do the AI becomes a zombie when I run it relatively to me ?
>> after how much stub subpart (I'm talking about function in a program,
>> not about a physical computer on which the said program is run) have
>> been replaced ?
>>
>> Will answer more later.
>
> Ok, have you looked at the Tononi paper? I think that can give a
> quantitative measure as to when systems are conscious relatively to us

I can agree with this.

> (Tononi also assumes substrate independence;

OK.

> and that consciousness
> comes in degrees

I can be OK with that.

> and is not an on/off property).

I disagree with Tononi here. I think consciousness is of the type on/
off (but with different types or degrees of attention, concentration,
amnesy, etc.). Actually I think consciousness is of the type on. It
can't be "of", I think. We can be unconscious but actually never are.
I may be wrong on this, or assert a proper theological statement,
meaning I HAVE to say: "assuming comp and assuming we are correct
löbian machines".

Regards,