Jack Mallah wrote:
> Hi George.  The everything list feels just like old times, no?  Which is nice
> in a way but has a big drawback - I can only take so much of arguing the same
> old things, and being outnumbered.  And that limit is approaching fast again.
>  At least I think your point here is new to the list.

I have also been overwhelmed by the volume on this list. The idea is not
to take more than you can chew.
> --- On Wed, 2/11/09, George Levy <gl...@quantics.net> wrote:
>
>> One could argue that measure actually increases continuously and corresponds
>> to the increase in entropy occurring in everyday life. So even if you are 90
>> or 100 years old you could still experience an increase in measure.
>>

> I guess you are basing that on some kind of branch-counting idea.
>
> If that were the case, the Born Rule would fail.  Perhaps the probability
> rule would be more like proportionality to norm^2 exp(entropy) instead of
> just norm^2.  If that was it, then for example unstable nuclei would be
> observed to decay a lot faster than the Born Rule predicts.

Yes I am linking the entropy to MW branching. So if you start with a low
entropy state such as the Big Bang or having $1 million after a QS your
entropy is going to increase. (There are many ways I could spend that
million). The number of possible states you can reach increases, hence
your entropy increases.

You say that the Born Rule would fail if measure *increases*. Here is a
counterexample:
Using your own argument I could say that the Born rule would fail if
measure *decreases *according to function f(t). For example it could be
norm^2 f(t) . So using your own argument since the Born rule is only
norm^2 therefore measure stays constant?
I do not understand why you say that the Born rule would fail.

Linking entropy with measure may bring some interesting insights. Let's
see how far we can go with this.

George