Hi,

> I would say the Universal Soul.  To be the ONE? The difficulty is that
> Plotinus is not always clear.

I go now from my reading of mystical texts, not from the arithmetic
interpretation  - and here mystics often report feeling at one with the
universe, everything etc.

I would say that this is the realization that your true nature (to be
more precise than before) is not different than that of the ONE/dao/etc.

> The "universal soul" hypostase *is* a first person (or a theory about
> a first person). Some would say it is just an "abstract person". That
> it is just the least common part of all souls, or in the arithmetical
> "toy" theology, that is the common part of all first persons

Ok, I think attaining this "minimal person" is also a meditative state,
but the full mystical experience reported in all cultures etc would be
union with the ONE:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophia_perennis

QUOTE:
The Perennial Philosophy is expressed most succinctly in the Sanskrit
formula, tat tvam asi ('That thou art'); the Atman, or immanent eternal
Self, is one with Brahman, the Absolute Principle of all existence; and
the last end of every human being, is to discover the fact for himself,
to find out who he really is.
Aldous Huxley
END QUOTE

> total amnesia (forgetting not just who you are, but that you are, +
> forgetting everything up to the idea of time and space), yet remaining
> conscious, if not being even much more conscious with the feeling that
> memories are making you less conscious, and that a memory-brain is a
> filter on histories. Stable memories differentiate consciousness

Yes, I agree, I think brains/memories are filters on histories; but the
above description of pure consciousness - what introspective reason
leads you to believe that that is still the experience of a (minimal)
person an not already experience of the "source"? (I like to change
words for the "ONE" so that no connotations become entrenched; after
all, it is "described" as the ineffable)

> A problem for comp is that, well at least I have thought that comp
> makes the soul (the first person, the third hypostase) conscious only
> through its building or generating time. But the salvia reports and my
> own experiences make me think I could be wrong there.

Indeed, a first person, namely, what we call a person (narrative,
history, agency, autonomy etc) requires temporality.

> AUDA in short.

Ok, you have whetted my appetite, now I will have to read the Plotinus
paper ;-)

Cheers,
Günther