On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 07:00:39PM -0800, meekerdb @dslextreme.com wrote:
> I think I am often *not* self-aware.  But aside from that, I have definitely
> been unconscious several times in my life and I'm sure other people (though
> probably not Stathis) were unconscious at the same time.  So an closest
> continuation of observer moments theory of personal identity would predict
> that I would regain consciousness as a mixture of those others who shared my
> unconscious period.

I don't think so. The only way you notice the periods of
unconsciousness is by virtue of the discontinuity between two observer
moments that you recall (as evidenced by a clock or some other
irreversible process). The moments of unconsciousness are not observer

UNSW SYDNEY 2052                         hpco...@hpcoders.com.au