http://www.kurzweilai.net/email/newsRedirect.html?newsID=10240&m=41581

Universities and schools should now re-invent themselves. We no longer
need any "institution" to dole out knowledge because all (non-fuzzy
factual) knowledge can be downloaded from the Net.

Education can now only have a future by teaching skills - meaning:
what you DO with that knowledge, also how to invent the future without
having to continually compare every new idea to existing knowledge -
the current paradigm and way too slow. Time is running out fast.

Hint: teach creative thinking

Huh? What's that? Don't we already do that? etc.

cheers,

Kim Jones

There are no surprising facts about reality, only models of it that
are surprised by facts

Email:
kmjco...@mac.com
kimjo...@ozemail.com.au