On 08 Aug 2009, at 20:01, Bruno Marchal wrote:

> Actually physicians have literally created new interesting branch in
> math

I mean physicists of course. So sorry.

Well, actually I know a physician, Philippe Smets, the creator of
IRIDIA, where I am working, who was a physician, not a physicist, and
contributed in the mathematics of belief and plausibility. Physicians
have to ponder evidences in order to diagnostic. That's a very complex
process where usual statistical tools fail.

And then remember, the ethic of comp is that you have the right to say
"no" to the doctor.