On 01 Sep 2009, at 13:04, Flammarion wrote:

> On 1 Sep, 11:56, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
>> On 01 Sep 2009, at 10:49, Flammarion wrote:
>>
>>> Can't matter have processes?
>>
>> But in that line of discussion, the question should be: can primary
>> matter have processes. You said yourself that primary matter is
>> propertyless. How something without property can implement processes,
>> with or without qualia?
>
> PM has no essential properties, but is the bearer of all
> otther properties.

How could something without property be a bearer of property?

> It can implement a computation in just
> the same way it can be red.

How ?

Without properties, I don't see how it could implement a computation.

> (Althoguh the combinatin PM+red
> is of course not PM. It is only PM as a bare substrate).
>
>> I begin to think that your primary matter is even incompatible with
>> physicalism.
>

> !!!!

Could you give any reference of a text in physics which uses the
notion of primary matter?

Could you give just a physical fact or proposition which would
accredit the existence of primary matter?

What is the relation between primary matter and space, time, and
energy? Does primary matter have mass?