On 1 Sep, 14:40, David Nyman <david.ny...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1 Sep, 12:04, Flammarion <peterdjo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Yeah. Or you could just answer my questions.
>
> The problem is the world of assumption contained in your use of
> "just".

Really?

>There is no possibility of a context-free 'objective'
> exchange of views.  There must be some sympathetic matching of
> contexts of understanding, even if only for the honourable purpose of
> comprehending a viewpoint as intended in order to discount it with a
> clear conscience.

it is standard practice for lecturers to ask for quesitons when they
have
finished. They do that because it works -- it clears up
misudnerstandings.
Assuming that miscommunication has to be the audiences fault doesn;t
work.
I have never seen that in a professional settign but it is quite
common on
usenet.