On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 1:04 AM, Brent Meeker<meeke...@dslextreme.com> wrote:
> Of course the easiest, and 100% effective way to reduce crime is to
> repeal laws.  About 1/3 of our prison population is there because of
> non-violent drug use crimes.

Indeed, I'm on board with that.  But, I don't see that happening
anytime soon.  Americans love to send people to prison.  It's the
national pastime.

http://www.cato-unbound.org/2009/03/11/glenn-loury/a-nation-of-jailers/

I put the ultimate blame on an exaggerated emphasis on personal
responsibility, plus a naive belief in libertarian free will.