On 10 Sep 2009, at 19:38, Brent Meeker wrote:

> ronaldheld wrote:
>> arXiv.org/abs/0909.1508
>> I saw the title and thought of what Bruno would make of it. Any
>> thoughts?
>>
> The authors write, "However, recent studies lead to the conclusion
> that
> the human mind is not a classical computer, and, in general, not
> completely reducible to any kind of computer (not even classical)
> because of the
> non-algorithmic nature of some mental processes."  But they give to no
> reference to these "recent studies".  The paper seems to be about well
> known problems in training artificial neural networks and other
> artificial learning algorithms.  Sure EEG is inadequate to define
> "intention", there's just not much information there.  I don't see
> that
> as having any foundational implications.

I think so. Yet the     authors postulate a wave collapse, and conclude

<<
The previous arguments showed that the quantum approach predicts the
possibility of a direct action
of mind on matter.

Just an old idea, it seems to me.

See Deutsch and Albert for quantum intospection in Everett and Bohm
respectively.