I have read it quickly. You can use that paper as an introduction to
the use of ultrafilters in Model theory. The application in physics
are not precisely justified, and the paper does not address any
fundamental questions, so I am not sure it is relevant here.
It is also pretty much technical. I don't use much "model theory" in
this list, because it is too much technical, but if you go through all
the book of Mendelson, I think you could intuit by yourself if it is
relevant for the question you are interested in.
I have no doubt that some "ultrafilter" construction of non standard
infinitesimal numbers can have some use in physics, if only to redeem
Newton and Leibniz form of infinitesimal analysis. But it is a
technical issue, and I am agnostic on the question if such  numbers
could play a conceptual role in physics.
Technically I would opt for synthetic toposes, or things like that,
which seems more promising, but I can hardly say that I have any
conviction there.
I tend to think that real numbers (standard or not) are really
construction of the mind (of the universal machine), like comp invites
to consider (with Occam).

Best,

Bruno