Thank you Stathis
This has helped move me on a bit. “The hardwareless computer” has been
giving me some real problems.  Let me replay my understanding of what
you said back just to check it is on the right lines.
As a possible example of one of these “lurking computations” we could
consider the one which begins with no-thing and think of the null set
as made of it phi ={ } and then associating it with the number 0. Then
imagine the set { phi} associating it with 1, then    { phi,{phi }}
associating this with 2, then { phi, { phi} , { ,{phi }} },
associating it with 3 etc. Hence we get an infinite sequence of
abstract (platonic) entities which can conjure up (compute) the
natural numbers and the implied successor function simply from the
abstract (platonic) notion of a set and an association rule (also a
platonic relation). More and more structure can be built up until - as
you say - the entire structure of the computation contained in the
mapping can be envisioned. Now although no external observers might be
able to access these computations, the computations might just create
conscious observers – bootstrapped into existence by the special class
of computations which these (internal) observers (if they believed in
comp) would naturally consider as non trivial.  As you say the entire
structure of the mapping which describes the computation is a platonic
object too – hence the world comes from nothing and computation.
Have I got this roughly right? I would be grateful for any critical
comments from you, Bruno (or anyone).
Many thanks
Nick