On Jan 12, 5:51 pm, "Stephen Paul King" <stephe...@charter.net> wrote:
> 1) What is the cardinality of this infinite collection/set/class/whatever of
> machines?

I believe that would have to be the cardinality of the continuum, but
I'm not entirely sure. Why does the cardinality matter?

> 2) What measure is it that might be used to partition the set or class of
> machines such that at least one subset of them can be identified as
> corresponding to consciousness?

I don't know. They may all correspond to some kind of conscious
experience. (What is it like to be a rock?) The ones that correspond
to human consciousness are the ones that do not terminate or repeat.

> 3)  How can we differentiate between Machines and not-Machines unless there
> exists some measure to do so?

You've lost me here. What not-Machines are you talking about?

> 4) How does mere existence of a Machine give any accounting for its
> implementation?

I don't understand the question.

> 5) Are you secretly attempting to construct a reductio ad absurdum proof?

Nope. I'm not secretly attempting to do anything. I am just trying to
understand the universe.