On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 10:17 PM, Stathis Papaioannou <stath...@gmail.com>wrote:

> 2010/1/14 Stathis Papaioannou <stath...@gmail.com>:
>
> > Interesting so far:
> > - people are about evenly divided on the question of whether computers
> > can be conscious
> > - no-one really knows what to make of OM's
> > - more people believe cats are conscious than dogs
>
> Oh, and one person does not believe that they are conscious! Come on,
> who's the zombie?

I noticed those same things, very funny, I hope those people will explain
and defend their answers.  So far there have been 19 results submitted.

The "Other" results for question 6 are:

- *logico-mathematics*- *combinations of tronnies (point particles with
charge of +/- e*- *we don't know (yet?)

And for question 8, are:

- is determined by my current one.- matter of definition; basically a
meaningless concept, I am a thought is best definition; the word eternal is
not helpful here- follows an (unknown) logical order- is selected from the
extensions with the highest measure based on my past observer moments- Is
causally related to the previous- ?- is randomly selected from all
extensions but constrained to not contradict any prior choice.- There is no
observer moments
The latest results are attached.

Jason*
Title: FreeOnlineSurveys.com View Results

Results for: Everything List Survey

1)

I believe that everything exists.

Percentage
True 73.7%14
False
26.3%5
Total responses:
19

2)

I believe in mathematical realism. (All self-consistent mathematical objects are real)

Percentage
True 68.4%13
False
31.6%6
Total responses:
19

3)

I believe in arithmatical realism (At a minimum, the integers have their own objective reality)

Percentage
True 68.4%13
False
31.6%6
Total responses:
19

4)

I believe the many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics is preferable to the copenhagen interpretation.

Percentage
True 78.9%15
False
21.1%4
Total responses:
19

5)

I believe in quantum (or some other) form of immortality.

Percentage
True 63.2%12
False
36.8%7
Total responses:
19

6)

I believe reality includes:

Percentage
Mathematical, Material, or Physical structures
10.5
2
Consciousness and thought
21.1
4
Some combination of both
47.4
9
Other
21.1
4
Total responses:
19

7)

I believe that with the right software a digital computer can be conscious

Percentage
True 68.4%13
False
31.6%6
Total responses:
19

8)

I believe my next observer moment

Percentage
is a meaningless concept, I am an eternal thought
26.3
5
is a meaningless concept, I am all observer moments
10.5
2
is randomly selected from all extensions from my current one
15.8
3
is randomly selected from all observer moments
0.0
0
Other
47.4
9
Total responses:
19

9)

I believe the number of duplicate observer moments, or their measure, is meaningful to what I am experiencing now

Percentage
True 57.9%11
False
42.1%8
Total responses:
19

10)

I believe the universe we find ourselves in currently

Percentage
is continuous and uncomputable
16.7
3
is digital and computable
33.3
6
is made up of an infinity of computations, and uncomputable
50.0
9
Total responses:
18

11)

I believe the following objects posess consciousness:
  PercentageResponses
Myself
9.5
18
Other human beings
9.5
18
Aliens of sufficient intelligence
9.5
18
Apes
8.5
16
Dolphins
8.5
16
Dogs
7.9
15
Cats
8.5
16
Mice
7.4
14
Shrimp
5.8
11
Spiders
5.8
11
Ants
5.8
11
Ant colonies
3.7
7
Thermostats
3.7
7
Web browsers
3.2
6
Rocks
2.6
5

12)

Regarding time, I believe

Percentage
that only the present is real
21.1
4
that only the past and present are real
10.5
2
that the past, present and future are real
68.4
13
Total responses:
19