Le 27-janv.-10, à 01:39, Mark Buda a écrit :

Bruno Marchal wrote:
On 25 Jan 2010, at 23:15, Mark Buda wrote:
On 25 Jan 2010, at 04:39, Mark Buda wrote:
Bruno Marchal wrote:
I would suggest the SANE 2004 paper:

http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/~marchal/publications/SANE2004MARCHAL.htm

Are you OK with the first six steps.

Yup. 7 too.

Nice. In step seven the reversal physics/computer science-number theory-machine-theology has already taken place.

It seems you like Sci. Fic.

That would be an understatement.

In step 8, you seem to be doing away with the need for a physical universe
of any sort, since it doesn't actually do anything.
If it was even there
in the first place. Is that correct?

OK, but you are using a rather strong Occam razor. You have either to believe strongly in comp, or to have extracted already a big part of physics to use it with some assurance. Step 8 eliminates even that use of Occam, for a much weaker one. Step 8 derives directly an epistemological contradiction between the physical supervenience thesis, and the digital mechanist thesis (comp). To be sure, to apply this on the "real world", there is still an amount of Occam needed to avoid the use of fanciful ad hoc definition of god or matter allowing to say yes to the doctor and still believing in a primitive form of matter. That is the usual obligatory use of Occam in any applied science.

I have to go. I hope I have been enough clear.

Mark Buda <her...@acm.org>
I get my monkeys for nothing and my chimps for free.