> Do you see the meaning of physical laws being somehow different from the
> programmed laws that simulate an environment?

Yes, I feel that simulated mind is not identical to the real one. Simulation
is only the extension of the mind - just a tool, a "mental crutch", a
pluggable module that gives you additional abilities. For example, if I had
the computation power of my brain sufficient enough, I could simulate other
minds entirely in my mind (in imagination, whatever) - but these imaginary
minds won't be conscious, will they?
In the other words:
1. I accept that computation is a description (the impretaive one) of
reality, like math (declarative) or human language.
2. I don't believe (for now)  that it has any meaning (and consciousness)
per se.