> I think those simulated persons would be conscious.

The possibility of superintelligence that creates worlds in its dreams kinda
freaks me out :)

So you think the software mind in a software environment would never
> question the redness of red, when the robot brain would?
>
> No, I think that good enough simulation of me must question the redness of
the red simply by definition  - because I'm questioning and it simulates my
behavior.
Nevertheless, I think that this simulation won't be conscious and has only
descriptive power, like a reflection in the mirror (bad example but confers
the idea). But I can't tell what exactly is the difference, what is that
obscure physicalist principle that I meant speaking about "symbol grounding
in the real world" and that makes me (and not my simulation) conscious.
ok, suppose we'll record a day in the life of my simulation and then replay
it - will it still be conscious?