soulcatcher? wrote:

    Do you see the meaning of physical laws being somehow different
    from the programmed laws that simulate an environment?

Yes, I feel that simulated mind is not identical to the real one. Simulation is only the extension of the mind - just a tool, a "mental crutch", a pluggable module that gives you additional abilities. For example, if I had the computation power of my brain sufficient enough, I could simulate other minds entirely in my mind (in imagination, whatever) - but these imaginary minds won't be conscious, will they?
In the other words:
1. I accept that computation is a description (the impretaive one) of reality, like math (declarative) or human language. 2. I don't believe (for now) that it has any meaning (and consciousness) per se.

I would say that it gets its meaning (interpretation) from you. The meaning you assign it comes from your internal model of the world you interact with. This is partly hardwired by evolution and partly learned from your experience.