Hi,

I have to find time to look at this in more detail, but I am already rather impressed. Please correct me.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=when-it-comes-to-photosynthesis-plants-perform-quantum-computation

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=shining-a-light-on-plants-quantum-secret&sc=WR_20100209

If life is a biochemical process, it is a quantum process or "computation", of course. But if those papers are correct, genuine interference processed are used by proteins selected for that task.

I don't think this can invalidate Tegmark's argument that the brain is mainly a classical machine, but I know that in biology, we can always be surprised, and it may be a tiny step toward such invalidation. This may lead to lowering down our mechanist substitution level.

It open the prospect to build quantum devices by genetical engineering. Perhaps.

Bruno Marchal