Dear Bruno,
I think you (not you alone, it includes the esteemed 'conventional
scientific establishment' as well) got it backwards:

not to start with my own ignorance about "what do we call "LIFE", but from
the folk-meaning of it on: whatever we identify as that moumenon, is NOT a
*"...quantum process or 'computation' of course..."*  it is (whatever it is)
the poorly understood information we received, interpreted into our limited
mental capabilities - AS -
a quantum process or computation because we identified such things already.
We have no idea what those complex phenomena are of which we receive only
partial information and understand even those poorly. Then we feel smart.
May I refer to your parenthetical reference to the "physical world"?

Which does not intend to reduce my appreciation for the practicality of the
achievements in technology etc. by our so far disclosed epistemic enrichment
in our cognitive inventory.
I exempt the 'computation' from my denial, especially if we apply
'computation' in a wide enough(?) domain.

Regards

John M