David,

First of all, as I have already said, you seem to be well aware of the hardest part of the hard problem of consciousness. And this gives me the opportunity to try to explain what you are missing. Indeed, in this post, I will try to explain how comp does solve completely the conceptual hard problem of consciousness. (With the usual price that physics becomes a branch of machine's theology).