On Feb 23, 8:42 pm, Brent Meeker <meeke...@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> No, it's an anti-neutrino and an electron colliding with a proton to
> produce a neutron (the inverse of beta decay).  But an electron
> approaching a proton interacts via the EM field and a photon will be
> emitted - yet, in the beta decay no photon need be absorbed.  I think
> it's an example of the radiation arrow of time making a time-reversed
> process impossible - or maybe just vanishingly improbable.

I haven't yet had a chance to read the paper, so excuse me if this is
missing the point, but it seems to me that this is just a product of
the thermodyamic arrow of time. If the laws of physics mandate that
the time-reversed process is impossible (as appears to happen in a few
cases) then the "Price principle" doesn't apply. But if the process is
allowed by the LOP but highly unlikely, that's most likely down
(ultimately) to the low-entropy conditions near the Big Bang.

Charles