On Feb 26, 10:34 am, Brent Meeker <meeke...@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> But isn't the EPR experiment a way of avoiding a past constraint.  The
> past constraint is just that the net angular momentum is zero, so there
> is no constraint on the polarization of either photon.  When one is
> measured it can be thought of as sending a message back to the origin
> and forward to the other photon so as to produce the QM correlation.  So
> the amplification takes place on the other particle in the forward
> direction.  Of course you can't send a signal via a correlation.

I should just add that although this avoids a past constraint, it
doesn't do so in a useful way that allows us to measure the past-
directed influence, and that there is no way to do so. As you say, you
can deduce the existence of the retrocausal influence from the
correlation, but not use it to send signals. (I believe this is also
Price's point of view, by the way.)

Charles