Hi Gentlemen,

Regarding  Jack's partial brain paper, and Free will: Wrong entry:

The IEEE Computational Intelligence Society, one of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers groups, publishes three journals: the IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, the IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems and the IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation. These seem relevant to the issues discussed in these strings,
e.g.
Perlovsky, L. I
"Mechanisms of the Mind, Aristotle, Zadeh, and fMRI,"
IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks,
Volume :  PP ,  Issue:99
ISSN :  1045-922,   Digital
Object Identifier :  10.1109/TNN.2010.2041250,
First Published:  01 March 2010
Sponsored by :   IEEE Computational Intelligence Society
Abstract:

Processes in the mind: perception, cognition, concepts, instincts, emotions, and higher cognitive abilities for abstract thinking, beautiful music are considered here within a neural modeling fields (NMFs) paradigm. Its fundamental mathematical mechanism is a process “from vague-fuzzy to crisp,” called dynamic logic (DL). This paper discusses why this paradigm is necessary mathematically, and relates it to a psychological description of the mind. Surprisingly, the process from “vague to crisp” corresponds to Aristotelian understanding of mental functioning. Recent functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) measurements confirmed this process in neural mechanisms of perception.

William