I think the "everything exists" hypothesis is a very nice
generalization from a universe to a multiverse. I suggest that the
same generalization can be carried out to observers: by reducing them
to just one we can avoid many problems. For instance:

Am I following some path in time? How is the path chosen? If I follow
many paths, will I end anywhere? When did I begin?

When the number of observers is reduced to one then we can think of
"successive" OMs (I think of OM here as consciousness and its
contents, not necessarily a whole brain) being generated at random
from the set of all OMs. But we may as well say that the one observer
(some would call it Brahman) is experiencing everything
simultaneously. Time in this model is a product of mind anyway, as
there are no paths to follow.

I believe (I'm still working on arguments) our metaphysical identity
is very simple, just being. The various manifestations like brains
where cognitive processes take place would be secondary to "pure
existence" in some sense.

Ultimately, the only thing that can be said about an OM is P(X | X) =
1 or something :).