Hi all,

Over the weekend, I posted the rules to a word game (stay with me
here) that I have been working on for a couple of years, called
MultiVerses. While nowhere near a *simulation* game, the *theme* is
multiversal cosmology as espoused by various sources such as Russell
Standish's book The Theory of Nothing, Greg Egan's book Permutation
City, and this list.

Players compete to create high-scoring multiverses, which are
collections of words that score by having high Kolmogorov complexity
-- which is represented by the number of laws or rules each universe,
or line of words, in that multiverse implements -- and high measure,
represented by the number of functionally-identical universes in a
given multiverse.

Terms like "Kolmogorov complexity" and "measure" are not mentioned in
the rules, and you can play MultiVerses without knowing anything about
them, but they were in my mind throughout the game design process.
Again, this game is not a simulation, so for example, "measure" is not
complex, but a small integer. However, I hope the game is fun and will
also introduce people to this kind of cosmology.

I am extremely interested to hear what people on everything-list make
of this, whether you have enjoyed playing the game or just reading the
rules, or if you have some feedback on ways the game can be improved.

Regards,

Ron H-E

--
Ron Hale-Evans ... r...@ludism.org ... http://ron.ludism.org/ ... (206) 201-1768