I've just posted a page called "Notes on MultiVerses" that explains
some of the links between structures in the game and the kinds of
thing talked about on Everything. This might be appealing if you
looked at the rules to the word game a couple of weeks ago, shrugged,
and wondered why it was on topic.

http://www.ludism.org/tinfoil/NotesOnMultiVerses

Regards,

Ron Hale-Evans

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 4:13 AM, Vlad Tanasescu <vla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No opinion yet (it is in my to read list) but I find the idea
> fascinating and wanted to post the actual link to the game rules:
>
> http://ludism.org/tinfoil/MultiVerses
>
> Regards
> Vlad
>
> On Apr 5, 10:58 pm, Ron Hale-Evans <r...@ludism.org> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Over the weekend, I posted the rules to a word game (stay with me
>> here) that I have been working on for a couple of years, called
>> MultiVerses. While nowhere near a *simulation* game, the *theme* is
>> multiversal cosmology as espoused by various sources such as Russell
>> Standish's book The Theory of Nothing, Greg Egan's book Permutation
>> City, and this list.
>>
>> Players compete to create high-scoring multiverses, which are
>> collections of words that score by having high Kolmogorov complexity
>> -- which is represented by the number of laws or rules each universe,
>> or line of words, in that multiverse implements -- and high measure,
>> represented by the number of functionally-identical universes in a
>> given multiverse.
>>
>> Terms like "Kolmogorov complexity" and "measure" are not mentioned in
>> the rules, and you can play MultiVerses without knowing anything about
>> them, but they were in my mind throughout the game design process.
>> Again, this game is not a simulation, so for example, "measure" is not
>> complex, but a small integer. However, I hope the game is fun and will
>> also introduce people to this kind of cosmology.
>>
>> I am extremely interested to hear what people on everything-list make
>> of this, whether you have enjoyed playing the game or just reading the
>> rules, or if you have some feedback on ways the game can be improved.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Ron H-E
>>
>> --
>> Ron Hale-Evans ... r...@ludism.org ...http://ron.ludism.org/...
>>     Mind Performance Hacks book:http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596101534/
>>  The proteiform graph itself is a polyhedron of scripture. (Finnegans
>> Wake 107:08)

Ron Hale-Evans ... r...@ludism.org ... http://ludism.org/tinfoil ...
(206) 201-1768