On Apr 19, 4:10 am, Ron Hale-Evans <r...@ludism.org> wrote:
> I hope you do give MultiVerses a try. I know that you've probably
> never played one of my games before, and of course it doesn't come in
> a colorful box with the name of a famous game designer on it. By way
> of credentials, I'll just state that I'm dedicated to "open culture"
> gaming (hence the lack of fancy box) and I've won a couple of small
> game design contests. Also, my games tend to be novel and experimental
> because I'm not trying to sell to a mass market audience. The day
> Reiner Knizia or Wolfgang Kramer designs a game about multiversal
> cosmology is the day I'll have to look for a new artform. :)

Thanks for the reply. I've played a lot of board games and such and
I'm very interested in game design. I was even employed in the game
industry some time ago, but industry is really the right word for what
these multimillion dollar product pipelines have become. Seems like
there hasn't been much progress in computer games since the 80's.

Especially German games often have some novel and interesting
mechanics. They're still inevitably destined for the mass market,
while Multiverses is perhaps too mathematical and in-depth for that.
But who cares, avant garde is the only way to fly :).

You've clearly thought about the design deeply. Have you ever had
problems with the "ad hoc / arbitrary laws" rule? It seems a bit ad
hoc :). Where does one draw the line? For example, is there a list in
the rule "alphabetical order must alternate increasing and

What if... only semantic rules were accepted? Would that be too hard?
That is, the rules couldn't refer to the letters or syntax of words.