----- Original Message -----
  From: Stathis Papaioannou
  To: everything-list@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2010 4:35 PM
  Subject: Re: Quantum Immortality considering "Passing Out"

  On 20/05/2010, at 4:12 PM, "m.a." <marty...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

    I may have this all wrong, but it seems to me that for there to be umpteen
trillion copies of a person there had to be umpteen trillion (UT) copies of his
parents. And only a relatively small sub-group of those met and cohabited at
the exact moment of his/her conception. But the same must have been true for
their parents and their parents' parents and so forth back to the primoridal
slime. And this staggering foliation of universes only covers one specific
zygote of two specific gametes. What of all the other UT^UT combinations
leading to the creation of other individuals just on this family tree? And what
of all the other combinations and histories of every human, animal, insect and
bacterium on this planet? Does it really make sense to assume numbers of
universes so far beyond our ability to conceive of?    marty a.

  You may as well claim that an infinite single universe should not exist
because it boggles the human mind.

  Stathis Papaioannou

  I don't know, Stathis. Somehow it seems easier for me to conceive of ONE
infinite universe than to conceive of umpteen trillion trillion
trillion^umpteen trillion trillion trillion^umpteen...universes. My "mind" is
obviously more limited than yours.     m.a.