Stathis,

you seemed bored: you jumped into assigning a bit more to my text than it
really contained:
*"...saying that we can know nothing about it at all..."
*
what I did not say. I spoke about a 'hypothetical' functioning of the world
(read the* 'imagining"it")*
and it refers to how we explain 'it'  (i.e. whatever we 'got' - explaining
rightly  or wrongly).
Bruno assumes that we are digitalizable machines - eo ipso numbers are 'in'
for him. A religious devotee assumes that we are God's creations - with all
pertinent explanations and combinations.
 I assume "we don't know".
The 'system' what conventional sciences developed over the past millennia is
not so perfect, in spite of all the technology we developed. There are
faults (due to imperfections). paradoxes and - "mind boggling". We reached
such a complicated (complex?) level that nobody dares to start from anew in
looking into all the facets believed to be "true". Theories are sacrosanct,
the network is all encompassing and we still do not know a lot of the
basics. We assume them. And build on that.

John M