On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 2:14 AM, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Euh..
>
> I'm sorry but where did I state my belief in the preceeding message ? Where
> did I spoke about physicalism ?
>
> I spoke about "idealist accidentalism" in answer to Bruno who said wrongly
> it's been refuted when it's not because well... read the preceeding message.

I did read your preceeding message.  And what I got out of it is that
if you consistently apply your evaluative criteria, you should
conclude that physicalism, platonism, deism, theism, arithmetical
realism and all other metaphysical theories that reduce conscious
experience to some sort of underlying rule-governed framework are
irrefutable and thus valueless.

But what are alternatives to rule-governed metaphysical frameworks?

Accidentalism, and...what else?  Refraining from metaphysical
speculation altogether?

Rex