On 29 Jan 2011, at 06:27, ColinHales wrote:

Now say "humans are conscious? Prove it."
To which I say "COMP is true? Prove it"
Been around this loop many times. :-)

COMP is a solution of x -> ~Bx, like consciousness, and consistency.

If COMP is true, it is no provable.
If I am conscious, then I cannot communicate it in any public way (just intimate way) If a machine is consistent, then the machine cannot prove its consistency.

Those three statement are provable, communicable, etc.

Actually all proposition in G* minus G are of the type true but not provable. Same for the intensional variants Z* minus Z, etc.

I guess we agree on this.

Colin, you didn't answer my question. Are you aware that If comp is true, that is if I am a machine, then the universe (or whatever exists) is NOT a machine. So comp entails the falsity of digital physics, and given that digital physics implies comp, it shows that digital physics is inconsistent no matter what (with or without comp). You did confuse in some recent posts comp and digital physics.