I am on travel this weak. While reading and enjoying the current discussion in hotel, I have mentioned a book on the table. It happened to be

Ellen Schreiber, Kosmische Weisheiten (Cosmic Wisdom)

I have randomly opened the book and I have landed by

Ein einziger Mensch (A single man)

The first sentence of the story is as follows:

Das Verhalten und die Energie eines Einzelnen sind wichtig für den gesamten Kosmos (The behavior and the energy of an individual are important to the entire cosmos).

Well, I hope this will inspire you for further fruitful discussions.

P.S. By the way, I have used Google Translate and it went extremely well. Hence it well might be that we are not that far away from a digital universe.