There is something a bit different about information than the other
conceptions of reality. We must, by definition, interact with reality
by information - we cannot know any other reality.

What is possibly in doubt is our theories of what information is - but
I'm sceptical that the hard-won insights of the likes of Turing, von
Neumann, Shannon, Kolmogorov, Solomonoff, Chaitin et al. will be
overturned.

In any case, I don't understand what Vic means by the following:

> If the universe is a digital computer, that computer still is made of
> elementary particles.
> Theologian Gregersen makes a key observation:
>
>     The theological candidate that the divine Logos is the
>     informational resource of the universe would be scientifically
>     falsified if the concept of information could be fully reduced to
>     properties of mass and energy transactions.
>
> Well, I don't know if this constitutes a falsification, but as far as
> I can tell, information does reduce to mass and energy transactions.

This seems pivotal to his HuffPosting. Maybe I should ask him.

Cheers