On 04 Mar 2011, at 15:24, 1Z wrote:

On Mar 4, 8:02 am, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

Somehow. The fundamentality arrow is roughly like this: NUMBERS =>
UNIVERSAL CONSCIOUSNESS => PHYSICAL LAWS => BIOLOGICAL CONSCIOUSNESS.

On the other hand:

PHYSICS=>COMPUTATION=>CONSCIOUSNESS=>NUMBERS

Shows how computationalism is compatible with mathematical anti
realism

I remind you that you are the one defending computationalism (yes doctor + Church thesis) and mathematical antirealism. I am the one arguing that comp is incompatible with materialism/physicalism.

What is left, without materialism, could be biologicalism, mathematicalism, ... perhaps theologicalism. The terms are not important. To understand the reasoning and its implications is what matter.

Computationalism needs only the common sense idea in math that if u is a universal number then u(n) will converge or will not converge. This can be seen as a formal statement.

Are you conceding that we have to abandon comp to keep math?