On 04 Mar 2011, at 01:36, Russell Standish wrote:

On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 10:48:38AM +0100, Bruno Marchal wrote:

So I will be franc. The problem of interaction is not solved at all,
even between third person describable objects. And the problem of
how many first person "really" exist is also an open problem,
although I tend more and more to believe that there is only one
first person: the universal person described by the arithmetical
hypostases. Although personal consciousness is not an illusion,
self-identity can be. But, please note that I am speculating here.
And there do exist some evidence that the numbers of person could be
at least two. That would be the case if the "whole truth" is a sort
of person. Very complex question.

The arithmetical hypostases strike me being but a skeleton shared by
all first persons - just like we share a common set of DNA (more 99%)
that makes us human, but there is sufficient variation that makes each
of us a unique human, even monozygotic twins.

I agree that the hypostases are plausibly describing a sort of universal person, already conscious, and manifesting its consciousness through all conscious persons (in a large sense, planarian are persons imo). The first person itself should be more specifically related to the fourth, and to the seventh and eight hypostases (Bp & p, and the splitting (along G/G*) Bp & ~B~p & p. It is the connection with the truth (the "& p") which makes those modalities private and incommunicable, like a first person feels to be.