On 07 Mar 2011, at 16:41, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 07 Mar 2011, at 16:12, 1Z wrote:

Reduction is not elimination

Ontological reduction does not necessarily entail epistemological reduction, but it does entail ontological reduction.

Please read:

Ontological reduction does not necessarily entail epistemological *elimination*, but it does entail ontological *elimination*.

---
I think I wrote "about" instead of "above" in my preceding mail to 'digital physics'.

---
And I apologize for my random use of the "s", and my fuzzy use of the past tense for some verbs.

I am very sorry. Don't hesitate to ask precision when you find my english ambiguous.

Bruno

That explains why a lot of honest materialist are keen to try to eliminate consciousness, like the Churchland, even Dennett. Now, as I said often, even before comp, uda, auda, it is easier to explain the illusion of matter to a consciousness than an illusion of consciousness to matter; if only because the notion of illusionary consciousness is a non sense at the start.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything List" group. To post to this group, send email to everything- l...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com . For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en .